Today’s 17.6 patch brings pre-purchase for Hearthstone’s newest expansion, Scholomance Academy! With it comes a handful of Battlegrounds updates, balance changes, and game improvements.
Battlegrounds Hero Pool Updates
- Refresh Bob’s Tavern with minions from your last opponent’s warband.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access Tess Greymane before the hero is formally released on July 28.
- Get 2 Bananas. At the end of your turn, give everyone else one.
- Refresh Bob’s Tavern with Battlecry minions.
- Demon Hunter Training [Passive]
- Old: After you Refresh 7 times, Bob always has 7 minions. → New: After you Refresh 5 times, Bob always has 7 minions.
Captain Hooktusk [Cost 0]
- Old: Remove a friendly minion. Discover one from a Tavern Tier lower. → New: Remove a friendly minion. Get a random one from a Tavern Tier lower.
Battlegrounds Minion Pool Updates
- Pirates are no longer guaranteed to appear in every Battlegrounds game.
[Tier 6, All] 6 Attack, 6 Health
- Battlecry: For each different minion type you have, Adapt randomly.
- Old: [Tier 5] → New: [Tier 6]
The following craftable cards will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.6 patch goes live.
- Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0). → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (1).
- Old: Draw a weapon. Give it +1/+1. → New: Draw a weapon. Give it +1 Durability.
- Old: Swap your Hero Power to "Deal 5 damage." After 2 uses, swap it back. → New: Swap your Hero Power to "Deal 4 damage." After 2 uses, swap it back.
- Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health.
Warglaives of Azzinoth
- Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 6].
- Old: [Cost 6] → New: [Cost 7].
- Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3].
Galakrond, the Nightmare
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).
Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).
Galakrond, Azeroth’s End (Rogue)
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).
Game Improvements & Bug Fixes
- When random card back is selected, you will now see a randomized card back every time you open a pack and every time you open the Crafting menu.
- The UI has been updated with an icon on the top right that will indicate when you’re offline.